Friday, October 21, 2011

Roasted Garlic Chicken & Vegetables


Hey Everyone, sorry for no posts this past few days. I have been sick with the stomach flu. Today I did go into work and managed to eat breakfast and a decent lunch. Go me!!! Now to the good stuff!!! I love easy scrumptious meals. One's that make the whole house smell amazing and leave my mouth salivating for dinner! Well this is one of them. You probably have seen a million versions and this can be created into many more, but this is the most common in our house. And its a household favourite.

Roasted Garlic Chicken & Vegetables

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

  • 2 Large Carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
  • 1 Large Onion, cut into wedges
  • 1lb small yellow potatoes, cut into halves
  • 10 garlic cloves, unpeeled
  • 9 medium boneless chicken thighs *you can also use chicken thighs with bones, just make sure the skin is removed*
  • 2tbsp EVOO
  • 1/2tsp salt
  • 1/2tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 medium red pepper, cut into wedges
  • 1 medium yellow pepper, cut into wedges
  • 1tbsp dried tarragon leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425F. In a roasting pan toss all vegetables with EVOO and half of all the spices. Cover and roast for 20 min.

2. Remove pan and add chicken. Add the rest of the spices and roast uncovered for 25min.

3. Add 1/2 cup of hot water and stir in. Roast another 25min longer or until vegetables are golden and juices are clear.  

Enjoy!!

I had mine with a glass of organic Cuma Cabernet Sauvignon wine. I'm a red wine gal, though I am sure a nice white wine would be more appropriate. 
Look how yummy and juicy it all is!!
I seriously want this right now....but I have a million things on my list to make right now, so this will just have to wait!

Tomorrow I will be attending the Winnipeg Green Lifestyle & Organic Living Show. I can't wait :) And tomorrow evening I will be having my brother and dad over for a "sports dinner". My brother is moving to Vancouver in one week. SO this is one of our goodbye parties...one of many :(

Night All :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...