Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yummy Frittata

Breakfast has to be my favorite meal of the day. I love it! It is also a very important meal of the day. Eating a proper breakfast will help with snacking and being hungry later in the day. During the week I usually don't have much time to make breakfast, so I have granola and a little bit of Greek yogurt. But on the weekend, well the weekend I jam pack it with awesomeness. Yeah I get really excited about breakfast.

Currently my fiance and I are obsessed with frittata's! They are so versatile and easy to make. You honestly can just put whatever you have on hand in them.

I always have spinach and tomato's in my fridge, its a staple. But you can put whatever you think is going to be great.

Ingredients:

1 whole egg
2 egg whites
½ plum tomato, cubed
½ cup spinach, chopped
1tbsp red onion, chopped
1 avocado, cubed
1tbsp of a low fat cheese
1tsp of basil
Process:

Preheat oven to 350c

Whisk both whole eggs and egg whites together in bowl. Add pepper for taste

Saute vegetables minus the avocado in a small nonstick pan over medium heat (make sure pan has ovenproof handle)



Add egg mixture, stir mixture around till it's a little scrambled.

Bake frittata in pan for 8-10min or till almost firm to the touch, sprinkle cheese, avocado & basil. Bake for another 1-2min.


Enjoy!

I will usually have 1-2 pieces of turkey bacon on the side.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...