Thursday, March 10, 2011

David's Tea...This isn't your grandmas tea shop

I am currently getting over the stomach flu, so I am writing this blog from my bed of sickness. Feeling pretty under the weather, I have been drinking lots of fluids. One I am currently enjoying is some tea I purchased this past weekend. A co-worker of mine recently introduced me to this new shop we have in our local mall called David’s Tea. It’s a specialty tea store that specializes in loose leaf tea. They offer a HUGE range of teas from tea with coffee beans in it, to tea that can help with colds and sore throats.

Tea from a healthy standpoint has many benefits; studies have shown that tea can help against cancer, weight maintenance and even bad breath! It is the most widely consumed beverage in the world after water.

Being a tea lover, I was very excited to try this new place.

The store is simple and clean. I loved the look and feel. The staff was soo knowledgeable and very friendly. I couldn't make up my mind on what kind or type of tea I wanted. With the help of the woman working there, I was able to narrow it down to two. However they have TONS of kinds, and she knew about the contents of each and how good they were.



I end up deciding on two black teas

Read My Lips - China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it also has little red candy lips.

Read My Lips


Three Wishes Tea - Chinese green tea, black tea from India, Ceylon and China, sunflowers, jasmine, rose blossoms and natural flavoring.

Three Wishes Tea

For a 50g bag it was $6.50. It is a bit more expensive then something you would get at a local grocery store, but clearly you’re paying for something different.


I also purchased t-sac tea filters for brewing my tea, 100 for $7.00. It works better then a mesh teaball as it doesn't let tea get loose into the water.

According to the instructions on the tea packets, I put 1.5tsp per cup of 94c water for 4-5min. I didn’t add any sweetener or milk/cream. Both teas were absolutely amazing.

When researching this blog I also noticed they also offer a wine collection of teas. I am going back this weekend and purchasing the Cabernet Sauvignon. I can’t wait to try it!!

Pinkies up everyone!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...