Friday, February 11, 2011

Quick Chickpea Salad

The other day I needed to make a quick easy lunch. I had a can of chickpeas, so I thought I would work with that. My fiancé isn’t a huge fan of chickpeas but I was determined to make them Mr. S approved!

This can be a cold salad or used in a wrap. I am on a low carb diet, so I decided not to have mine in a wrap as the chickpeas will have some carbs already in them. Mr. S however enjoyed his in a whole wheat wrap.

Ingredients:

1 can of chickpeas
1 plum tomato
½ cup of chopped spinach
¼ cup chopped zucchini
1tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp cayenne
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp of EVOO

Process:

1. Heat EVOO in pan, add spinach and stir.
2. Add all ingredients but spices. Heat for several minutes.
3. Add spices, mix and cover for 3-5min.
4.Take off heat, put in bowl and place in fridge for 1 hour.

Chickpeas are so full of healthy benefits that I recommend them to anyone!




How do you eat your chickpeas?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...