Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let's talk about HIIT baby!

Okay so it's not nearly as fun as my title makes it sound. In all actuality it’s a sweaty mess, but it does burn fat off quickly and seeing my improvements from each session are very rewarding.

What HIIT stands for is High Intensity Interval Training. Now what does that mean you ask? Well i'll tell you, it means you will do bursts and rests. So in my situation I run around the track at my gym. I will run as fast and intense as I can till I cant anymore (Kim calls it the “Forrest Gump Run”), I will then jog for half a lap, walk a full lap…..and then do it all over again. I will do between 8-10 rounds in total.

What’s really great is that I am not doing long amounts of cardio, I am pushing myself as much as I can in short bursts with rewarding rests. It honestly doesn’t give cardio a bad name anymore, well almost. A great trick my trainer Kim taught me is when I am sprinting to vision someone chasing me and trying to kill me. I often joke it’s her trying to Kill me……I joke I joke…..I think?


You can also do this on a treadmill, for example 3 min on 6.5 and then 2 min on 3.5 for 20 min.

So go get your butt out and do some HIITS! I promise the results will be worth it!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...