Monday, June 20, 2011

The most amazing breakfast ever

So I have been MIA for a bit. And I feel bad. But don’t worry, this will end soon…….(the invites are almost done..sneak peak to follow soon) I do plan to write every other day, I love writing my blog and I take soo many photos I want to share…..I am backed logged in photos and I am almost positive none of these will make it on here. Sucks being as busy as I am.

BUT I needed to talk about this.

This past Saturday I went out for breakfast with my fiancé at a restaurant called Fresh Café, it is owned and operated by three Winnipeg sisters. According to their site,  their goal is “To provide those seeking fresh, local, all-natural, organic breakfast and lunches with a convenient, vibrant daytime eatery that promotes a continuous, healthy lifestyle.” and they do exactly that.

They have a great selection in breakfast, lunch and juice/smoothies.
IMG_1037IMG_1038
We both started with bold Kicking Horse Coffee. I added just a tiny bit of raw sugar.
IMG_1033
I ordered the ‘two vita eggs with meat’ the meat was turkey sausage(no filler or preservatives). Have you tried turkey sausage before? I hadn't till then, and let me just say……..IT’S AMAZING!!
IMG_1034
That in the bottom right hand corner is homemade blueberry jam. Best jam I have ever had
IMG_1036
YUMMY!! I am obsessed to say the least.

My fiancé had the special Salmon cakes with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce top with a side salad. I was so distracted by my amazing breakfast that I forgot to take photos..I suck.

Question for you guys, does anyone else notice that vita eggs(free run) yolk colour is just much more bold? They taste like happy chickens! I can’t get over how awesome they are. My fiancé and I have been switching all our meat to free range…..this is a whole other blog. I promise to talk about this soon.

My next blog will post some photos of this AMAZING shower my bestest friend and maid of honour Jennifer threw me last Sunday. But if you can’t wait…please go and see her blog about it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...