Monday, December 12, 2011

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap


This has to have been the most fun I have had baking, receiving and eating cookies. Coming home to a parcel with yummy cookies has been the highlight of my week! I am still waiting on one more batch of cookies, but the ones I have received so far have been soooooooooooooooo good :) I received fantastic cookies from Lindsey at A Running Tale, in fact I had seen her gift these in our Favorite Christmas Things swap and wanted the recipe!! I also received some mouth drooling cookies from Dana at Hot Pink Apron.

Now onto my cookies. I wasn't going to make these, but then they are usually my most requested cookies of the year. I made some changes this year and I am unsure if I will keep them.


Gingersnap Cookies

Yield: 36 cookies

  • 2 cups flour (I usually use whole wheat, but for the swap I used white flour)
  • 1tbsp ground ginger
  • 1tsp baking soda
  • 1tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2tsp salt
  • 3/4cup margarine(softened)
  • 1cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup molasses

1. Preheat oven to 350c

2. Cream margarine + sugar till light and fluffy. Add egg + molasses.

3. Add dry ingredients. Mix well

4. Roll 1tbsp of batter into some granulated sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.

5. Bake for 8-10mins.

They smell just amazing!


 Now who did I send these to?

Elaina @ Flavour Food and Wine
Christina @ Oven Adventures
Shannon @ Red Deer Foodie

I hope everyone enjoyed their cookies! I really enjoyed making them :) And thank you to everyone who sent me some. SO amazing :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...